39
(A)trustful
(B)upright
(C)innocent
(D)suspicious
統計: A(30), B(73), C(68), D(288), E(0) #370960
詳解 (共 4 筆)
Mum and Dad took my brothernLouis, my older sister Tess, and me out to dinner.
媽媽和爸爸帶我的弟弟Louis、我的姊姊Tess和我出去吃晚餐。
We hardly ever went out tondinner as a family unless it was a special occasion, so I was suspicious.
我們很少全家人一起出去吃晚餐,除非是很特別的日子,所以我開始懷疑。
Over dinner, they broke thennews to us that Mum had been diagnosed withnbreast cancer.
用餐時,他們帶給我們一個消息,就是媽媽被診斷得了乳癌。
We all just sat there,ncompletely stunned.
我們就只是坐在那裡,完全地驚愕了。
Louis, Tess and I all dealtnwith the news in different ways, probably because of our ages.
Louis、Tess 和我用各自有不同的方式處理這個消息,也許是因為我們的年齡。
My sister was in her sulky teenage stage, so she got angry about it.
我的姊姊正處在她陰沉的的青少年時期,所以她很生氣。
My brother did the usual boynthing of shutting out his emotions.
我的弟弟逃避他的情感,就如同普通的男孩。
Luckily for us, Mum and Dadnwere both very strong about it.
我們很幸運的是,母親和父親都很堅強。
They made it clear that whilenthe tumor in Mum’s breast was malignant and therefore serious, she still had a veryngood chance of beating it.
他們很清楚的說明,因為在媽媽的乳房裡的腫瘤是惡性的,而且很嚴重,但她仍有很好的機會擊敗它。
She decided to have thenbreast with the cancer removed immediately.
她立刻決定把乳房連帶腫瘤一起切除。
Thankfully, Mum’s operationnwas a complete success.
幸運地,媽媽的手術很成功。
After the worst of herntreatment was over, Mum got involved with the National Breast Cancer Foundationn(NBCF).
在她最糟糕的醫治療程結束後,媽媽參加了國家乳癌基金會。
She became a (an) ambassador so she could help raise money for a cure.
她成為一位大使,所以她可以幫助治療(乳癌)的募款。
I think my involvement withnthe foundation is the best way to thank all the brilliant researchers, doctorsnand nurses because if they weren’t around, my Mum might not be alive today.
我想我參加基金會是感謝出色的研究員、醫生和護士最好的方法,因為如果沒有他們在,我的媽媽可能活不到今天。
diagnose 診斷,確診
stun目瞪口呆;使……大吃一驚
sulky含怒的,不高興的,生氣的;陰沉的,陰郁的(天氣等)
shut 關閉,把......關在門外;排斥;逃避
shut out 把......關在外面;使......不能進入
tumor 腫瘤
malignant(疾病或腫塊)惡性的,致命的
ambassador 大使
Trustful birds have built their nests. 輕信的鳥兒已築起了巢。
He is an upright citizen. 他是個正直的公民。
He was pronounced innocent of the charge. 他被宣告無罪。
I'm suspicious of the government's intentions. 我懷疑政府的意圖。